I see couples in all stages of their relationship. Are you feeling isolated and lonely within your relationship? Do you want to rebuild trust and partnership after an affair? Are you struggling to communicate to your partner in an effective way? Therapy can help.
I see couples in all stages of their relationships- from new beginnings to long term partners and every stage and situation in between. As a therapist, I will act as a facilitator for couples in distress, couples who want to improve intimacy and connection and regain a sense of mutual support within their relationship. In working together, I will encourage you to identify and focus on underlying emotions, teach you to recognize healthier ways to communicate your needs, build on positive patterns of interaction and develop new skills to build a strong bond and sense of security with you partner.
Couples who seek therapy are dealing with challenges including:
- Problems in communication and conflict resolution
- Affairs and infidelity
- Challenges with trust
- Isolation, loneliness and lack of connection
- Difficulty with emotional expression
- Changes in situation or life-stage (moving, marriage, divorce, birth of a child, grief)
- Financial issues
- Future planning and making decisions together
How can couples therapy work for you?
- Repair and develop more secure emotional connections
- Develop strategies for improved communication
- Repair friendship and love in your relationship, restoring love and partnership
- Help you to identify negative patterns of interaction, develop new techniques for improved conflict resolution and strategies to work together to overcome obstacles
- Enhanced sense of security, trust and openness with your partner